Why Support Green Health Care?
In Canada, health care products and services contribute over 10% to our gross domestic product and employ close to two million people. Spending on health care in 2007 was estimated at over $160 billion. It is the single largest budget item within each province and territory. Health care sector activities result in the disposal of large quantities of waste and use of great quantities of resources such as electricity, natural gas, water and chemicals. The link between health and quality of our environment is now well proven. Greening the health care sector will have a significant positive impact on the lives and well being of all Canadians, and ensure the health of our communities and protection of our environment.
Membership in the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care brings with it many benefits:
- Opportunity to mobilize the green health care movement across Canada
- Resources to member groups i.e. best practices, case studies, training
- Collaborate with like minded groups and individuals
- Avoid reinventing the wheel – leverage what already exists and works
- Add credibility to the greening health care process
- Be involved in a relevant and meaningful process to meet greening health care needs across the country
- Benefit from the collective contributions of many member and partner groups
- Make it easier for each individual health care facility to be green by working collaboratively
- Provide a “go to” place for greening health care answers in a Canadian context
- Be an advisor/mentor to groups that want to take on greening for the first time
Benefits to Business Associates
- Opportunity to list qualifying products and services in the Green Health Care Products and Services Directory*
- Certificate of membership to post in your facility
- Use of Coalition Business Associate logo “We support Green Health Care and the Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care’
- Listing on the Coalition’s website with links to business website. New and renewing businesses are also listed on our Digest and other communications products.
- Participation in webinars at no additional cost*
- Opportunity to participate in the Coalition’s Business Associate Constellation
- Opportunities to participate in Constellations (work groups) which support networking and best practices by topic
- Access to documents and reports on Canadian green health care*
- 25% discount for registration at EcoCare
- EcoCare is the only conference in Canada to speak directly to the link between health care and the environment, and presents both practical and innovative ways to encourage and inspire ecological stewardship within the Canadian health care sector.
- Eligibility to apply to the Canadian Green Health Care Business Awards*
- Technical support on green health care issues
- Green Health Care Digest and Newsletter
- Opportunities to participate in pilot programs and research initiatives with Coalition partners
- Opportunity to sponsor Coalition Green Health Care activities
- Discounts with participating companies
Delta Chelsea Hotel (Toronto)
33 Gerrard Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1Z4
Toll Free Reservations: 1-888-890-3222
When booking by phone, please quote rate code "C5G"
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Corporate Discount Rate: $109 Standard Room (+taxes), $139 Executive Room (+taxes).
Request Corporate Rate when booking at 416-493-7000 or 800-333-3333
Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill
Corporate Discount Rate: $137.00 Standard Room (+taxes).
Valid to April 30, 2011.
Request Corporate Rate when booking at: Reservations: 613-236-1133 Toll free: (877) 557-8565, fax: 613-236-2317